Easy to make, Our advice, make them quickly! Eat them fast!
It really is only three ingredients and a pinch of salt!
- 125g/4oz butter
- 55g/2oz caster sugar, plus extra to finish
- 180g/6oz plain flour
- And a pinch of salt
This amount makes about 12 biscuits
- Set oven at 180c
- Use softened butter but not runny, add castor sugar and beat till fluffy with a wooden spoon until almost white.
- Sift flour into another bowl add a good pinch of salt.
- Now add flour mixture to butter and sugar cream, gently mix together moulding all the mixture together, forming a dough.
- Flour a clean surface. Place dough in the centre and press down gently with clean hands. Use a rolling pin roll to approx 1cm thick.
- Cut out rounds and place on a non-stick tray
- Keep scraps and mould together and repeat till all dough is used.
- Bake in a preheated oven for about 15 – 20 minutes. Once they have turned pale gold remove from the oven sprinkle with extra castor and cool on a wire rack.
- Next, eat em fast!
Please Note: Many recipes advise on chilling the dough first before rolling, you can if you wish but we don’t! We just get them rolled and cooked! Perfect every time.