Apricot, Cashew Nut, Wild Mushroom & Lancashire Cheese Wellington
- 400g wild mushrooms (sliced)
- 150g raw cashew nuts
- 150g dried apricots (diced)
- 250g Lancashire cheese (grated)
- 250g butter
- One small onion (diced)
- Puff pastry (sheet)
- One egg beaten
- Rosemary and thyme (chopped)
- 100g panko crumb
- One garlic clove (chopped)
- 50g fresh spinach
- Melt butter in a pan, add onion stir and cook until softened add garlic, apricot, rosemary, thyme seasoning. Stir well and mix.
- Add wild mushrooms stir well then add the cashews, cook through and mix well. Stir in the panko crumb add the fresh spinach and stir well together.
- Take off the heat and add the grated cheese, mix well and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Take puff pastry sheet and place on a clean surface, down the middle pile the cooled mixture all along the length of the pastry evenly. Brush all edges of the pastry with the beaten egg, fold over and press down all the edges to seal, decorate by pressing with the end of a fork to seal firmly. Now glaze well with the remaining egg wash. Make a little incision’s along the top to help release steam while cooking.
- Lift gently and carefully onto a greaseproof paper-lined tray, place in the preheated oven to cook until golden brown and heated through completely. Approx 30 minutes.
- Rest for approx. 10 minutes; Cut into generous slices serve on warm plates with a green salad or a delicious mix of green vegetables.
- We serve ours with a bubble n squeak mash and a creamy asparagus sauce! Delicious!